Aum Sri Sairam
What a single individual cannot accomplish, a well-knit group or society can achieve. A man walking alone will feel tired and miserable at the end of five miles; but, walking with ten others as a group he would find the five miles a jaunt. He arrives refreshed and strong. Social living contributes increased happiness and more efficient effort among birds and beasts. They are able to defend themselves from enemies, secure food and shelter, migrate to places beyond great distances when they act as a group. Even ants have learn, that immense benefits are derivable from group activity and social organisation. Monkeys also live in groups for greater security and happier lives.
Let me tell you that nothing is impossible of achievement if an organised society is set on achieving it. Even liberation from material entanglement (moksha) can be won through serving and promoting the progress of society. Through the sense of unity, the willingness to sacrifice and the softness of compassion, all objects can be gained. So, the Sathya Sai Organisation must move forward with hearty enthusiasm in the field of service to society.
Divine Discourse, Seva Dal Conference, November 19, 1981
- Before the NIVAR land fall – area assessment
- After land fall, survey at the anticipated affected area.
- The Disaster Management (DM) Team jumped in to Rescue operations
- After rescue, second day taken part in Relief Seva,
1. As per the Government authorized TN Smart alerts, the Organisation’s Disaster Management Team were alerted to be ready across the coastal sectors. Hence a separate group was created on 25th November 2020 to monitor and share actual status related to the cyclone especially at Karaikal, Nagai, Cuddalore, Pondy, Chennai Metro ECR and Thiruvallur Districts. In those areas, the Disaster Management team members were nominated to look after and to do the necessary services. Apart from this a separate DM Task force was prepared which was ready to go anywhere at the required area. These teams did the area assessment few hours before the cyclone landfall.
2. The Nivar landfall happened near Pondichery during 25th midnight and its impact were felt till early morning on 26th November 2020. After the sunrise, the team went for the area assessment especially at Thiruvallur and Chennai six sectors, Kanchipuram, Chengalpet near ECR, all round Pondichery, Cudallore and other coastal areas. For this survey 30 Sai members which comprised State SSSVIP Coordinator, State Office Bearers and the, District President of Pondy. As the rainfall was very heavy, few low lying areas like Mudichur, near Tambaram got affected, who were in need of the rescue operations.
3. Decisions were taken to render the rescue services especially at Varadarajapuram near Mudichur area. Hence twelve of the Disaster Management Team members which was lead by the TN Youth Leader, did the live rescue despite continuous rain. They were well supported by the Police officials and their troop along with their float for rescuing the affected people. The rescue seva stopped their service at 6 pm.
4. 27th November 2020 : Change of work is a kind of rest: One part of DM Team Youth took part in the food preparation right from 2 am and made ready before 7 am which was supported by the elderly sevadals, and youth from Kanchi South, as the water level had not reduced in few places. The DM Team and the Youth with their swimming skills delivered the food packets and all other relief materials to the needy people even before hunger could strike them . It was aptly named Sai Instant Amirtham of food packets, biscuit packets, candles, water bottles. All these services were completed before 11 am.
We submit this report at the lotus feet of our ever beloved Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Varu
Jai Sai Ram.
For & behalf of Mr. R K Sekaran,
SSSSO, TN DM Team.
(Request all of you not to miss the photos. As an ordinary person we dread to put our feet into the water for the fear our lives. Are not our selfless, fearless SSSSO Team looking like tiny Hanumans in the Sai Rama Rajyam?)