Aum Sri Sairam
The main objective of the Sathya Sai Organization … is to help you recognize the divinity inherent in you. So, your duty is to emphasize the One, to experience the One in all you do or speak. Do not give importance to differences of religion, sect, status, or color. Have the feeling of one-ness permeate all your acts.
Divine Discourse January 6, 1975
When the entire world is anxious and perturbed as a result of COVID19, for us as Sai devotees and Members of SSSSO, this calamity gives us the opportunity to go within and empathize with the afflicted and the distressed and deepen our Sadhana and earn the grace of Sai and the blessings to all the affected.
No calamity can befall, or nothing can deter the spirit of the Sri Sathya Sai devotees, who unflinchingly hold on to their beloved Lord’s Feet, in these testing times of COVID19. It is a heartening fact to see that almost all the activities of the Organisation have been carried on with the same enthusiasm as they were, during the normal days. We have celebrated Aradhana Day, Tamil New Years Dy, Ugadi, Eswaramma Day in great zeal and enthusiasm. It is more inspiring to note that the devotees still more enjoy their blissful time in the company of their beloved Sri Sathya Sai.
This report consists of the Spiritual activities done by the Samithis of Kanchipuram North District during the lock down period of March – May 2020 . These are activities of one district only. We shall share the activities of the other districts very soon.
- Regular Activities
- Daily Prayer session at 06.00pm to recite Omkaram – 9 times, Sai Gayathri – 11 times and Samastha Lokha Sukino Bhavanthu – 3 times by many devotees from their homes.
- Online Bhajans every Thursday by Members
- Aradhana Day
- On 24th April 2020, 95 minutes online Bhajans was organized.
- Prior to Aradhana Day, all the songs and singer names were collected and charted out.
- All the singers were in single line totally 36 members participated. All were connected via audio call.
- Session started with Omkar and Sai Gayathri, after each announcement in the audio, the lead-singer starts singing. This went on till Subramaniam followed by Arthi and announcement by Convenors regarding safety measures for corona.
- Aradhana Day
With the Blessings of our beloved Bhagwan, we offered the following as individual family activities by Balvikas Students and Parents and the Samithi members.
- Sai Gayathri Chanting
- Ashtothra Sahasranamam Devotional Songs
- Bhajan by Balvikas students
- Aarthi by Balvikas students
With the Blessings of our beloved Bhagawan, the following activities were offered in the respective individual houses by Balvikas Students & Parents and Samithi members.
- Sai Gayathri Chanting by Samithi Members
- Balvikas Students Seva with joyful singing in their respective houses (household chores)
- Likitha Japam by Samithi Members
With the Blessings of our Beloved Bhagawan, the following were offered as individual family activities by Balvikas Students and Mahilas.
- Sai Gayathri Chanting
- Sahasranama Archana by youth & Samithi Mahilas
- Participation in online satsang conducted by the district coordinators daily through Cisco Webex.
- Chanting of Sai Gayatri, reading of Sai literature by the office bearers and the members in their own homes.
- Youth members both mahilas and gents are conducting Bhajans regularly over Skype on all Sundays along with practice sessions at their convenience on other days.
- Ladies conducted Vilakku pooja in their respective homes at the specified hour with Lalitha Sahsranamam and Sai Ashtotra shata naamaavali ending with Aarthi to Bhagawan.
- Sai Naama sankeertanam is being conducted on the Thiruvadhirai star day of every month at the specified hour by the ladies at their own homes ending with Aarthi to Bhagawan.
- Online Bhajans are being conducted over Cisco Webex meetings app on all Thursdays from 6.15pm as it was done in the samithis for the past three weeks. Prior to that the ladies used to send the recordings of the songs in the group which were compiled and posted in the group to be listened by the members at the same time.
- Daily online satsang, experiences with Swami shared by Members Swami, from 8-9pm on weekdays and 4-5pm on Sundays starting from May 9th onwards excepting Thursdays, when Bhajan is conducted. With the the grace of Bhagawan, this program was eagerly awaited by minimum 18 to maximum 27 participants every day. The recordings of the sharing is uploaded every day in chitsaisamithi.org The link to the YouTube playlist is as follows:
- Mahilas, Mahila youth and gents are participating in weekly bhajan training sessions, 2 mahila youth are participating in Veda learning sessions conducted by the district level on Sundays.
- Members eagerly participated in the Sai Pancharatna Kritis and the special programs conducted by Radio Sai from their own homes.
Mother Easwaramma Day
- Children did Mathru pooja to their parents and obtained their blessings from them
- Daily Satsang titled “PREMARPANAM” conducted via Webex App on various in topics by eminent speakers from 27.03.2020 and is still continuing on Thursdays and Sundays alone. (till date 70 episodes)
- Online Bhajan Training cum Satsang on conference call for Mahilas daily comprising:
- Learning a bhajan a Day
- Discussion on the meaning and relevant incidents
- Study of Sai Literature – Ramakatha Rasa Vahini/Sandeha Nivarini
- Online Vedam Training – For selected Youth
- Online Bhajan training for Balvikas students every alternative day.
- Daily prayers at 9p.m.
- Online Pre-Sevadal Module via Webex – Discussion on Sri Sathya Sai speaks
Tamil New Year
- Special Talk by Bala Rama Chandran,Alumnus of Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning and Member of Sundaram Bhajan Group on the topic – “Bhajans-A Tool Gifted by Bhagwan”
- The members of the Samithi started the day by Chanting Omkar and Suprabhatham at their respective houses.
- Balvikas children and mahilas rendered Sai Pancharathna Kritis at 8:00a.m and took Aarthi at their altars at home.
- Morning 10-11.30 – Astothra Sahasra Nama Archana
- A special Talk by Kovai Ramji, who is a part of the Sathya Sai Villupattu Team on the topic – “Sai Maa”
- The Easwaramma Day Celebrations could not be held at the Samithi due to the prevailing situation, the Balvikas Students of Chrompet Samithi offered their respects to the elders of the Family by doing Pada Pooja (Mathru Pooja) at their individual houses together at 10:00a.m.
- In continuation, the students rendered Devotional Songs and Bhajans that were taught in the Training during lockdown period at their altars in their respective houses in the evening at around 6:00p.m.
- Also, as a part of the Celebration, A special Talk by “Kavignar Ponmani” was organized in the afternoon at 2:00 p.m.
- We thank Swami for Giving this golden opportunity to convert each and every House into a Samithi.
Special Unique Activities
- Creating spiritual vibration across the Globe by singing Bhajans – special 95 bhajans platform created through WhatsApp KKT- 95 bhajans only. So far,20 batches of 95 songs completed. Will be continued till Bhagwan’s 95th birthday (to join and render bhajan WhatsApp –7200867921)
- Samithi’s first anniversary celebrated on 14.4.2020 online joined by the District President
- Special video and audio project to connect all our members Manasabhajare Guru charanam offered
- Puppet show was conducted by our Balvikas children
- Keeping every one motivated during these difficult times by connecting to Sai via regular online satsangs, parayanam.
- Daily online Satsang through Skype at 4 p.m ; Completed Tapovanam, Shirdi Sai Satcharitra, Rama katharasa vahini parayanam is on
- Online Balvikas classes conducted on daily basis. Students from other cities and states are also participating
- Online Bhajans on all Saturdays and special days
- Sai members participating in regular online bhajan trainings, Pancharathna kirthanai trainings
- Every Sunday online vedam training at 9.00 a.m
- Mathru Pooja done by our Balvikas students
- Special 95 Bhajan rendered and available in our web site
- Sathya Sai Laksharchana, Lalitha Sahasranama Parayanam, Vishnu Sahasranama Parayanam done by our Mahila members
- Bhajan session on all Thursday and Sunday – approximately 20 members
- participating and singing bhajans in online via skype and performing mangala arthi in most of the members house at same time.
- Small Satsang on all Thursday and Sunday by all members in turn after bhajan session.
- Sai Gayathri chanting is continued by all members regularly and posting their counts in the separate group “Sai gayathri chant bank.“
- BV children are motivated to post their extracurricular activities like arts, painting and other craft works done during this lock down period in group.
- Online Bhajan training for District Youth / Gents / Balvikas children
- Online Bhajan training sessions for mahilas by Mahilas
- Regular Participation in other online satsang by other Districts as well
- Celebrated by conducting online bhajan by evening and in the morning Sai Gayatri chanting carried out in most of the members house followed by mangala arthi.
Mother Easwaramma Day
- Swami’s mother Eswaramma’s Anniversary day, which is also observed as the Balvikas Day by Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation, we requested all the Balvikas students to participate in bhajan and give a talk about Mother Easwaramma.
- Every Thursday conducting online Mahila bhajans through WebEx regularly 5 to 5.30
- Online Bhajan Training session conducted for Mahilas every Sunday
- Mahila Day celebrated by chanting lalitha Sahasranam online
- Sri Sathya Sai Pancharatna Kritis was rendered online by all Mahilas
Activities undertaken during the Lock Down Period
- Online Bhajan practice for balvikas children and mahilas – One Bhajan a day from Radio Sai bhajans sent to the Balvikas children and mahilas on a regular basis, in turn we request them to listen and practice that bhajan a 100 times, record in their voice and send it back to us. The members as a team listen to that, note down the necessary comments on a regular basis and maintain that record.
- Once in a week, the members send reviews to all of them separately for their improvement.
- Online Bhajan Vikas classes conducted once in a week for Balvikas children who are proficient in bhajan singing through Webex app.
- Youth bhajan team – One vintage bhajan class room from Radio Sai is being shared on alternate days. In turn requesting them to listen and practice it.
- Members of the bhajan team join for the district bhajan training sessions regularly.
- Online Vedam- classes undertaken for Balvikas children once in a week through Webex app.
- For senior Mahilas who have been learning Vedam, were requested to chant Rudram, Chamakam and Purusha sooktham along with the Prashanthi live vedam chanting both morning and evening.
- Online Balvikas classes conducted for Group 2 and 3 via Webex app once in a week.
- Guru’s sadhana Virtual Study Circle of Rama Katha Rasavahini is being undertaken by all the Balvikas gurus and assistant gurus. The entire Rama Katha Rasavahini has been discussed in Radio Sai Thursday live programme – Afternoon Sathsangh. So, on a weekly basis, one episode of that Afternoon Sathsangh is being circulated and based on that a study circle is conducted virtually for about one hour, through the webex app.
- On the Auspicious occasion of Shri Rama Navami, April 2nd, a Special Virtual Sathsangh was organised by our Samithi. Smt. Lalitha Srinivasan, gave a Talk on the Significance of Ramayana.
- All the members chant jointly prayer session from 9pm-9.15pm (Sai Gayathri chanting) from their respective homes.
- Many mahilas join for the Youth motivational online Sathsang sessions.
- Many Youth eagerly await and listen to the sathsang series (organised by Chennai metro west district) presented by Smt. Lalitha Srinivasan and other eminent Speakers.
- SATHYA TO SAI – As an offering to Bhagwan the Youth wing of our District planned to have a virtual sathsangh on the life of our beloved Bhagawan based on the Sathya to Sai episodes that was broadcasted by the RadioSai team.
- Our samithi has been given the 15th episode of the Sathya to Sai SERIES-CONFERRING, COMFORTING AND CORRECTING which was presented in an effective manner.
- From our samithi 14 mahila youth participated in the session. A unique Power point presentation was prepared by the team consisting of 120 slides for effective understanding of the online sathsang session.
Bhagawan uvaacha series-As part of Swami’s 95th Birthday Celebrations, the members intend to do the following for the next 95 days with Bhagawan’s blessings.
Shravanam – Shrī-bhagavān uvācha series:
- This is a Sadhana of listening to our beloved Bhagwan’s discourses with the English translation by the side on various topics (a very short discourse less than 3mins Audio) on a daily basis for 95 days.
- Swami’s discourses from various sources has been posted in our Samithi groups on daily basis, so that everyone can listen to His divine words and take part in this Sadhana for 95 days.
- The members are planning to complete this Sadhana in 95 days and planning to continue this even if the lockdown is relaxed.
- Special online Sathsang by Brother Mayurnath Davay who is a prominent member of Sundaram Bhajan Group from a long time and also a key member of Radio Sai Tamil team.
Mother Easwaramma Day Celebrations
Swami’s mother Eswaramma’s Anniversary, which is also observed as the Balvikas Day by Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisation, we requested all the Balvikas students to
- Do Namaskaram to parents & elders at home
- Chant Sai Gayatri / Om Sri Sairam 21 times
- Take Aarthi to Bhagawan
- Balvikas Gurus also instructed them to take photographs of these activities and share it with their respective guru’s.
- A Drawing Competition for our Balvikas children was conducted on the occasion of Mother Eswaramma Day. The students were asked to draw Potraits of MotherEswaramma and send a photo copy of it to us.
- After the lockdown, prizes will be awarded to the best entries, in Samithi.
- Daily half an hour online bhajan practise only for Mahilas and BV Parents in the evening since mid-April.
- Every Sunday 45 minutes online bhajan by Gents youth since May.
- Balvikas classes were conducted online for BV students since mid-April.
- Sathya to Sai online episodes were presented by BV students in BV classes.
- Drawings were drawn by BV students on various topics.
- Sai Arulamudham reading session by BV Group-4 student at home.
- Celebrations at BV student’s house on 6th May 2020, (Performing of padapuja to parents).
- Chanting Om karam, Suprabatham, Sai Gayathri
- Active participation by the Samithi due online District Satsang
- Reading Sai Literature
- Regular participation by the members through online Bhajans
- Participation in collective online prayer session at 06.00 pm to recite Omkaram – 9 times, Sai Gayathri – 11 times and Lokha Samastha Sukino Bhavanthu – 3 times by devotees from their homes.
- Conducted virtual Bhajans by Youth Mahilas on Sunday evening. Bhajan recordings by singers from their respective home and shared as individual audio files compiled as one file and played in every home at same time like we do in Samithi Bhajan. (attached Audio file)
- Study circle (online Sastang), every Sunday and Thursday for one hour on Bhagavatham through zoom platform by a Samithi member.
- Group IV Pre-sevadal module online reading Sai literature session via conference calling.
- Weekly Sunday afternoon – Online Vedam learning session through Zoom conference.
- Weekly Sunday morning – from 10.00 to 11.00am, Online Bhajan training cum Sastang organized by District Mahila team through Zoom connection.
- Attending Online programs conducted by district for Mahilas
- All Mahilas rendered Sai Pancharathinam at their respective houses
- Due to lockdown and staying inside, our Bal Vikas Children took this opportunity to pay back deep respects to mother by performing “Mathru Pujai” as our heartiest gesture to our beloved Bhagwan himself.
- Presented Episode – 18 of Sathya to Sai by Youth Mahilas of our Samithi,
- Chanting Omkaram, Suprabhatham, Sai Gayathri
- Active participation in online District satsang
- Reading Sai Literature
- Online Bhajan training sessions for Gents Youth & balvikas children
- Online Bhajan training sessions for Mahilas / Youth on Sundays and every Thrusday Online Bhajan conudcted by Mahilasof the Samithi
- Virtual Balvikas Bhajan conudcted for Balvikas children
- Online Veda Classes for Balvikas childrean every Sunday morning
- Daily Balvikas classess for Group 2 going on through conference call.
- For group 1 students Slokas , bhajans , stories audio and video are being posted in whatsapp group.
- Veda classes are going on through conference call.
- Participating in district and state level online Satsang, Bhajan training and vedam training.
- Mathrupooja done by students.
- Every Pournami day, Soundarya Lhari chanting done by Mahilas
- Every Friday, Lalitha Sahasranamam Chanting done by Mahilas
- Daily chanting of Sai Gayathri by all members
- Every Saturday online study circle on the Message of Lord and Gita Vahini
- Every Sunday online Parenting workshop for parents in Nemilichery
- Mathru Pooja done by Bal vikas students
- Bhajan held at individual member’s house
- Every Thursday Mahila Youth and Mahilas offer online bhajan from 6.00 pm to 6.45 pm through Cisco Webex App.
- Every Sunday Gents Youth and Gents offer online bhajan from 6.00 pm to 6.45 pm through Cisco Webex App
- Every Sunday Mahila Youths participate in District online Mahila Bhajan Training Cum Satsung
- Some Mahila youth participate in Virtual Veda Basics Learning Session organized by our District Mahila Team
- Every Sunday Gents Youth and Bhajan Vikas boys participate in District Gents online Bhajan Training
- Sai Gayathri Chanting from 9.00 pm to 9.15 pm individually by the members
- Listening to the Special Program conducted by Radio Sai.
- One Hour Special Bhajan by Gents Youth and Gents through Cisco Webex App.
- One Hour Special Bhajan by Mahila Youth and Mahilas through Cisco Webex App.
- Weekend rudram learning session over conference call for BV students and gurus -5
- Daily participation in youth online Sathsang at 4pm by a couple of mahilas – 4
- Weekly virtual quiz time for BV students – 15
- Ashtothram audio has been shared for learning -15
- Online bhajan training sesion to balvikas parents
- Participation in Sunday and Thursday prayer session organised by Radio sai -3
- Participation in virtual VahiniSsatsang organized for gurus
- Participation in Sathsang organized on Aradhana day – Sri Anilkumar Kamaraj Garu -3
- Participation in Basics of Veda learning online session by Mahilas –
- Participation in Sunday online Sathsangs and district level bhajan trainings
- Participation in OnlinenNarayana Upanishad learning session – 1
- Sai gayathri chanting in the morning by 10.30am for 108 times
- Bhajan from 5.30 to 6.30pm in all our home helped by Balvikas children.
- A drawing competition for children on the topic “Swami is my dearest mother”
- Elocution on the topic of “Why I like my mother?” for 3 to 5 minutes in either English or Tamil Video to be shared in the Balvikas Whatsapp Group
- Mahila Sathsang on the Video Sathya to Sai – Episode 16
- Participation in the radiosai Song/Bhajan contest – 1 Mahila
- Participation in the audio upload program conducted by District “My mother”
- Pallavaram samithi Mahila youth presented the Sathya to Sai session Episode 16 on 24th May 2020 5p to 6pm. 9 youth and 3 Balvikas children. The members presented a Villupattu during that session.
- Om karam,Suprabhatham,Gayathri,Sai Gayathri and Om Sri Sai Ram Chanting for 21 times – 1 Mahila
- Sai Ashtothra Satha namavali – 5 families
- 7am Sai Pancharathnam Rendition by BV Children @ their own homes – 5 families
- 8am Sri Rudram,Sanchame and Purusha Suktham following Radio Sai – 4
- 1030am listened to the Devotional songs rendered by Sai Students -5
- Maha Mangala Harathi
- Uncle Lions Tales all episodes Presentation by Samithi BV Kids one kid per episode supported by Youth
- Online Veda Training for Balvikas Kids & Parents
- Online Bhajan Session for Balvikas Kids
- Reading of Sathya Sai Speaks – Vol.1 has been completed by 2 BV students (gr.4) and started with Sathya Sai Speaks – Vol.2
- Online Bhajan Satsang on Thursday (5pm to 6pm) by all mahilas followed by mangala aarthi
- Sathya Narayana pooja was carried out on Pournami by mahilas.
- Sai Gayathri chanting from 9 pm to 9.15 pm is continued by all members regularly.
- During Global Akhanda Gayatri chanting, 75 members took part in reciting Gayatri mantra from their respective houses. Around 15 Balvikas children took part in Gayatri chanting.
- Eagerly participating in online district bhajan training session by youth, BV students & members of our Samithi.
- On the occasion of Avatar day, individually members distributed food packets to health workers. A total of 104 packets was distributed.
- All members offered prayers individually at their home.
- Vedam, Sai Gayathri chanting, Bhajan
- Live Vedam and Bhajan session from VGP Rajakilpakkam YouTube channel (Attending at least 70 members which including 50 balvikas students)
- Online Mahilas Bhajan training sessions
- Sathya to Sai Satsang For Mahilas
- For Gents Sathya to Sai (Hosted by VGP samithi active member Shri. Ganesh, Conducted by Thiruvallur District)
- Online Balvikas classes
- SAI Professional- An interactive session
- Ramakatha Rasavahini Satsang (Hosted by VGP samithi active member Shri. Ganesh, Conducted by TamilNadu State Youth admin)
Easwaramma day special celebrations:
- Swami’s Discourses on Motherhood,
- Devotional songs on Mother Easwaramma
- Mangala Aarthi
Sri Vijay Krishnan, State Spiritual Coordinator, Tamil Nadu
Email id: email@example.com
Smt I S Kavitha Murali, State Spiritual Coordinator, Tamil Nadu
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org